The first new gTLDs have been freely available on the market since the beginning of 2014. The great hype surrounding these new, generic DOMAINs was in the years 2015 to 2017, when more than 300 new DOMAIN entries were launched. These can be registered in our domain shop according to the following categories:
How can I reserve new DOMAINs?
- Log in with your switchplus User-ID or open a new user account.
- In the navigation, switch to “Administer DOMAINs” “DOMAIN Preregistration”.
- Under “DOMAIN preregistration” you can express your interest in DOMAINs with new extensions that have not yet been launched.
- We will accept your non-binding reservation and inform you as soon as you can convert it into a binding registration application. We will inform you about the conversion date and the price.
- If you want to convert the non-binding DOMAIN application into a binding registration application, you can confirm this under “DOMAIN preregistration”.
At the launch of the DOMAIN extension we try to register the domain for you. Thanks to the system of preregistrations, we are able to send the registration attempts very promptly at the start of the registry and have a high success rate.
- The price of the DOMAIN registration will only be charged if the registration is successful. Otherwise, the preregistration service is free.